Whether you're looking for a new or used industrial sewing machine, we've got you covered. We carry a wide variety of industrial sewing machines from top brands like Jack, Brother, and Juki, so you're sure to find the perfect one for your needs.
New and used industrial sewing machines for sale
Direct Sewing Machines always have a wide range of industrial sewing machines in stock. We have button hole, automatic, overlock, straight stitch, cover stitch, walking foot and zig zag heavy-duty sewing machines for sale, new or used. If you are unsure what you need, or if we have it in stock call 0207 738 9040 now and speak to our experts.
Some of the brands we stock include:
- Yau Han
We sell all these brands and more new and used professional sewing machines.
Why do you need an industrial sewing machine?
Industrial sewing machines are very specialised and are designed to perform the same task repeatedly using the same type of fabric.
The seven types of professional sewing machines we sell are all designed for heavy-duty work. Some are self-explanatory, but some require more specialised knowledge. The seven variations include:
- Buttonhole: designed to stitch various patterns of buttonholes in clothing whether that is dress shirts, work wear, t-shirts, blouses, or sweaters
- Cover stitch: mainly used for hemming and topstitching knits, ideal for stretchy materials, like sportswear or lycra
- Automatic: usually these have computerised features, like automatic thread trimming or automatic back-tack
- Overlock: using multiple threads to seam fabrics and overcasting raw edges, otherwise known as a serger
- Straight stitch: the most basic sewing machine function to stitch two fabrics together
- Walking foot: ideal for sewing thick, or heavy, materials with ease, especially two pieces of heavy fabric together
- Zig zag: as the name suggests, this type of machine creates a zig-zag pattern, various machines do various sizes
So, you should not purchase an industrial sewing machine for general home use. Some may perform general tasks but they are designed to be used for a specific purpose and have limited capabilities.
However, if you run a business and or are required to perform the same task repeatedly then an industrial sewing machine will be significantly more productive than a general-use machine.
What type of machine should you buy?
When you purchase an industrial machine you need to consider a number of factors:
- What do you need it for? What will be the machine's primary function?
- Which type of fabric will you be sewing? Is it heavy or light?
- How often will you need to use it? Will it be in constant use?
- What type of motor will you need?
As stated above, industrial sewing machines are very specialised equipment. Speak to an expert at Direct Sewing Machines, we can discuss your needs and will ask all the right questions to recommend the best machine for you.
Servicing and repairing second-hand industrial sewing machines
Even though at Direct Sewing Machines we sell used items, we are experts at repairing and servicing all sewing machines. When we sell a second-hand industrial sewing machine, whether it is a Juki or Brother, we fully service the machine and carefully repair any issues.
If you have acquired a second-hand sewing machine we can use our expertise to get it working again. Get in touch with us via our website or call 0207 738 9040 to discuss exactly what you need.