Pfaff Admire Air 5000 – Air Threading Overlocker
A wonderful machine offering such great easa of use and fantastic stitch quality. The Admire Air 5000 by Pfaff is the first in the Pfaff range of overlock machines to have to advanced features which make this machine stand head and shoulders above the rest.
A feature we should all be familiar with now which is on some of the top end overlock machines which can get up to three times the price of the Admire Air 5000. Air threading technology is a great feature to have on an overlocker, I think it should be a standard across the entire range. The biggest fear about overlockers it threading the bottom part called the loopers, it can be a nightmare at times especially when purchasing a new machine. The one-touch Air thread system takes all your worries away, all you need to do is feed a small amount of thread into receivers and plunge the levers. Internally the lever is connected to bellows which suck the thread through a network of labyrinthian pipes and that’s it, your thread appears if by magic through the loopers and you’re almost ready to sew.
After threading the loopers the needles need threading, this is a little bit more fiddly than on a sewing machine as there is less space to manoeuvre around and there’s often two needles very close together. Another fantastic aid the Admire Air has is built-in needle threaders capable of reaching both the left and right needles with ease.
Lay-in tension systems make it nice and neat to set up and super easy to adjust the tension until you get the desired effect that you’re looking for.
Telescopic thread holder means that you get less tangling of thread and a much smoother feed so that the finished stitch is as neat as it can be with minimal faulting or wavering.
Differential Feed for those fabrics that like to stretch, twist and turn. Overfeed or underfeed the fabric being fed into the stitch to eliminated fabric distortion which allows you to sew even the most despicable of fabrics such as lycra.
Rolled Hems can be achieved on the Admire Air 5000 by changing just a few settings. Rolled hems are exclusively used to overlock the edges of fine material like chiffon and silk to stop it from fraying and can also be used to decoratively finish off the edge.
- 15 Stitches the Pfaff 5000 covers the full variety of 2/3&4 thread overlocking:
- 4-Thread Overlock Seams and seam finishing.
- 3-Thread Overlock, (Wide and Narrow) Seam finishing and decorative edges.
- 3-Thread Narrow Edge Fine, narrow hems and edging.
- 3-Thread Rolled Edge Rolled hems and edges.
- 3-Thread Picot Edge Picot edge finish for lightweight fabrics.
- 3-Thread Flatlock, (Wide and Narrow)Flat seams and decorative embellishment.
- 3-Thread Stretch Overlock Seams on super stretch fabric.
- 2-Thread Overedge, (Wide and Narrow)Overcasting for single fabric layer.
- 2-Thread Wrapped Overlock, (Wide and Narrow)Edge finish for lightweight fabrics.
- 2-Thread Rolled Edge Edging for lightweight fabrics.
- 2-Thread Flatlock Flat seams and decorative embellishment.
What’s in the Box?
- 2 x Screwdrivers
- Minature spanner
- Overlocker Tweezers
- Set of Needles
- Thread nets
- Spool holder
- Lint brush
- Waste tray
- Needle holder/converter pin
- Upper cutter
- Looper threading wire
- Accessory box
- Foot control
- Dust Cover
- Instruction manual